The international eco-hub will be at Filo (23-24 February) with key partners such as Bemberg™ by Asahi Kasei, Circular Systems™, Ghezzi, ROICA™ by Asahi Kasei and SUPREME GREEN COTTON® by Varvaressos to highlight the role of yarns in responsible innovation.
C.L.A.S.S. is ready for yet another moment dedicated to share and amplify its message of responsible innovation together with its key partners. The international eco-hub has been invited to attend the Filo fair with its own space in order to spread the word on the utmost importance of injecting innovation, sustainability and change starting from the very beginning of the supply chain.
“We are extremely pleased to be here at Filo, the fair for the very first and fundamental ingredient of fashion” Says Giusy Bettoni, Founder and CEO C.L.A.S.S. “We believe this is a valuable opportunity to share possibilities and chances to start a conscious and yet innovative fashion product by learning about the latest developments in smart yarns”.
“There is no sustainability without knowledge“ is one of C.L.A.S.S. mantras. In order to walk the talk, on the 23rd Giusy Bettoni will host a talk titled “Responsible innovation for the contemporary consumer”, discussing her deep knowledge of the sustainable landscape in textile and fashion.
When designed and developed in a smart way, yarns become ready-to-weave responsible innovation. Since 2007 C.L.A.S.S. has been working alongside groundbreaking clients and partners which have been pursuing this avant-garde way of creating a new generation of fashion. These key players at yarn level which will be part of the C.L.A.S.S. space are:
- Bemberg™ by Asahi Kasei, a one-of-a-kind, matchless and original new generation material made from the smart-tech transformation of cotton linter pre-consumer material, converted through a traceable and transparent closed loop process. Bemberg™ has the RCS, Oeko-Tex Standard 100 e ISO 14001 certifications. Bemberg™ is cool and sensual with a unique, supple drape. It is antistatic and breathable while its soft versatility makes it perfect for many different applications in the Modern Wardrobe, from fashion to athleisure and everyday casualwear.
- Circular Systems™, a materials science company focused on creating a net positive impact on our environment, society, and economy through innovation. Their circular plus regenerative technologies provide systemic solutions for transforming waste into valuable fiber, yarn, and fabrics for the fashion industry. With the textile waste to fiber platform (Texloop™), and food-crop-waste to BioFibre™ innovation (Agraloop™), Circular Systems™ provides scalable solutions for the circular economy derived from two very abundant waste streams. Recycled cotton fiber from Texloop, and Agraloop BioFibre, can go into conventional yarn spinning systems to make high-value fashion products. And with the patent-pending hybrid yarn spinning technology Orbital™, Circular systems™ create high-performance, natural-fiber-rich materials with Texloop recycled fiber, Agraloop BioFibre, and other organic and recycled fibers.
- Ghezzi, a company that offers advanced twisting, covering and twist-texturizing processes for yarns and threads thanks to its precious corporate heritage and continuous investment in innovative technologies. For some time now, the Como-based company has implemented an offer – unique in this field – strongly linked to sustainability, which is translated into the selection of products capable of reducing environmental impact. In fact, Ghezzi processes a wide range of items developed from recycled synthetic or vegetable fibers, organic products or materials coming from responsibly managed forests.
- ROICA™ “ROICA™ “Advanced fit for living”, a premium stretch fiber with an innovative range of smart functions. ROICA™ shapes comfort with high quality, performance and fit, adding value to everyday living for sport, activewear, intimates, fashion and business wear. The ROICA Eco-Smart™ family is a unique, certified eco high tech offer, able to meet responsible business needs and contemporary consumer desires for the modern wardrobe. Today there are two distinct options: ROICA™ EF (German plant) is a world-first Global Recycled Standard (GRS) certified stretch yarn re-made from pre-consumer materials, while ROICA™ V550 is a pioneer in eco-circular stretch which smartly breaks down without releasing harmful substances in the environment, according to Hohenstein Environment Compatibility Certification.
- SUPREME GREEN COTTON®, an innovative and socially-responsible system from the cotton field to the end product that supports greek family farmers at the foothills of Mount Olympus. The whole supply chain up to the yarn is located within 200 km, thus drastically reducing the CO2 footprint, claiming GMO-free cotton seeds, water savings up to 40%, high-quality long-staple fibers and complete transparency and traceability via “Diafania SI”. Diafania SI platform is a unique and specialized communication and information software, backed by blockchain technology, in combination with a special QR-Code, which is imprinted on the SUPREME GREEN COTTON® hangtags. The newest addition, SUPREME GREEN COTTON® PLATINUM, is the right choice for high quality and long-lasting products made from extra long-staple cotton. Excellent yarn quality, with superior strength and contamination-free, are all key characteristics of the SUPREME GREEN COTTON® yarns.