Bemberg™ has been selected by Accademia Nazionale dei Sartori for its essential role as the quality Lining of choice in their new presentation book about the high art of sartorial dressing.
Since its launch in 1931, Bemberg™ has grown to be defined as a new material for responsible luxury. Bemberg™ represents a blend of cool, exquisite comfort with a smart and unique heritage. Recognised as a leader in high quality linings, the Accademia Nazionale dei Sartori Excellences has included Bemberg™ as part of the shared stories of a tailoring heritage, from materials, craftsman tailors, accessories and brands that exemplify the world of sartorial art and excellence.
Bemberg™ delivers an essential attribute to the international elite of tailoring, adding its exquisite touch to both apparel and of course in its linings. Bemberg™ is enriching the contemporary wardrobe adding value with real values, premium style, drape and a cool, nature-based touch.
Founded in 1575, Accademia Nazionale dei Sartori, is the oldest Italian Association in the field of tailoring and dressmaking. Its aim is to promote and conserve the historical heritage of this professional class. Today it represents a unique balance between modernity and tradition through beauty and elegance.
And here, Bemberg™ delivers a new generation, responsible material from the smart-tech transformation of a naturally derived, cotton linter bio-utility material. It is a smart and unique, one-of-a-kind material that doesn’t deplete any forestry resources.
Made in Japan by Asahi Kasei, they are the sole maker of this matchless, high-tech natural material. Bemberg™ has a precious touch and feel that is cool and sensual with a unique and supple drape. Bemberg™ is characterized by a soft versatility making it perfect for many and diverse products. And special among these is of course Linings, where a perfect selection is included in the new Accademia Nazionale dei Sartori book to be launched at the upcoming 38th World Congress of Master Tailors (WFMT), from August 3rd till August 7th, 2019.
Verona hosts the 38th World Congress of Master Tailors, an important appointment which recognizes the Italian sartorial school a fundamental role; an extraordinary social event aimed at promoting Italian bespoke tailoring through a series of direct comparisons with diverse working realities of foreign countries, each one with its own tradition and culture. Each program day includes an intense congress activity, full of important technical and cultural events.
Bemberg™ linings add an essential style, comfort and fit in the world of custom-made suits.
Additionally, from the special touch and utility of Bemberg™, we are pleased to tell more about its unique environmental story, from the documented circularity of its source, through the manufacturing chain to its final end-of-life credentials:
- Bemberg™ can confirm a new quality profile and standard through a certified LCA study, signed by ICEA and validated by Paolo Masoni. This represents the reality of a more responsible and unique position.
- Bemberg™ has full GRS certification, Oeko-Tex 100, ISO 14001, & Eco-Mark certification.
- Bemberg™ holds the most current Innovhub-SSI report confirming its filaments disintegrate 100% in value within the limits specified by the UNI EN 13432, point A.3.1 for disintegration in composting process
- Bemberg™ has tested to EN 13432:2000 Annex E, the compost obtained from these filaments revealed the absence of Ecotoxicity effects, according to ISO 16929:2013.
- In addition, Bemberg™ filaments tested negative for heavy metals and other hazardous substances complying with tests specified by the UNI EN 13432, for the substances listed in table A.1.
The study and certifications above place Bemberg™ at the forefront of smart production as an unrivalled material, renowned today for its natural, innovative and responsible beauty.