Unique, smart, inimitable
Smart Materials for Okinawa products are considered unique, inimitable, ennobled and smart, 100% Made in Italy in the world of new generation’s leather. These very versatile products may be used for interior design, clothing, fashion accessories, shoes and leathergoods. Smart Materials for Okinawa is the only company able to offer a very large menu: from new generation’s leather to eco solutions thanks to vegetable and/or no animal based materials.
The whole production cycle from the conception to final production is rigorously managed and controlled by an excellent team with a great knowhow, delivered and inspired by Michele Ruffin, the company’s founder and director. The Okinawa Quality System is certified ISO 9001 since 1997 and is applied to each phase of the product manufacturing.
Launched one year ago, Smart Materials for Okinawa have been present at Munich Fabric Start in the Catalyzer Bluezone the fair independent concept dedicated to denim and sportswear community with a specific focus on responsible innovation. Mr Ruffin has been invited to be a speaker at the Sustainability Panel “How to build my sustainable brand from scratch to store”, a discussion on the latest news con-cerning responsible innovation. Then they were presented at Linea Pelle and Milano Unica fairs.
The AW 2017-2018 season news are:
- Jacroki® the very versatile material almost totally of vegetable origin; it has recently got the Ecolabel UE certification, the ecological quality trademark granted to products with high environmental standards in all the lifecycle.
- Microki® the real quality alternative to leather in terms of aspect, hand and technical performances; the news is the Filmoki finishing with “zero” environmental impact with no “chemical” and emission in the air or in the water.
- Washoki® the new leather generation washable up to 60°; fully complies with all Reach parameters, is suited to different technical manufactures and finish specifications.
- Hydroki® wet white chrome & metal-free tanning. Currently it is the only leather in the world to be certified Class 1 Oeko Tex® Standard 100. The newest version of Hydroki® is “vegetable look leather”, meaning it is tanned in order to obtain a leather with the looks, the grain and the softness typical of the artisanal vegetable Tuscan leathers, with a vintage look and the greasy coat but with totally different performances than those kind of leathers.
- Denim Leather by Smart Materials the super-trendy leather able to offer the authentic vintage look of an aged, washed and faded jeans look. This material has been selected to produce a refined badge holder for Munich Fabric Start, an exclusive “take away gift” combining casual and cool denim aesthetic with the unique performance and the features of a new generation leather.