Selection by CLASS grows in its second edition in size, scope and internationality as CLASS announces new partners, business areas and activities.
September 24-26, 2010.
For the second year running, CLASS (Creativity Lifestyle and Sustainable Synergy) will host “Selection by CLASS” during WHITE, a key women’s and beauty trade fashion event, from 24 to 26 September 2010 at the Spazio Ex-Ansaldo in via Tortona 54, Milan. Selection by CLASS is a show within a show and one of very few spaces entirely dedicated to promoting stylish brands and designers with a sustainable soul in a uniquely international setting. Alongside its main exhibitor area, CLASS will challenge perceptions on sustainability by presenting two “sideshows” that exemplify its vision of style, innovation and smart sustainability: Green2greener’s Eco-Chic selection – Agostina Zwilling, Margot and Raffaella Colombo’s jewellery artistry.
“Selection by CLASS is one of a kind event, “ says Giusy Bettoni, Founder of CLASS. “You would be hard pressed to find such a high-level representation of cutting-edge, forward thinking brands at any other event. CLASS’ role is to continually aggregate like-minded businesses at all levels of the industry’s supply chain, and to create positive synergies for them. We’re proud to be the ones to focus the international attention on Milan for this event, one of the most important representations of eco-style as it should be and sustainable business in the world.”
“WHITE’s mission is one of research, thought leadership and excellence in style,” says
Massimiliano Bizzi, Founder and President of WHITE. “CLASS heritage of forward-thinking style matches our own vision perfectly, and Selection by CLASS both complements and enhances the show as a whole.”
These are the 14 exhibitors for “Selection by CLASS” that together deliver a truly contemporary and forward-thinking vision of lifestyle: 959®, Cangiari, CeeBee, Così nero quasi blue, d. by asap, GAIAPACE, G.O.D.D., Juste un Sac, desMode, Mori-Mondo, Reggiani, Rianne de Witte, Rizieri®, Yoshiki Hishinuma.
– Of these 959®, Juste Un Sac, Mori-Mondo and Rizieri® are veterans of Selection by CLASS and are returning for the second time.
– Rianne de Witte and Yoshiki Hishinuma are established brands that have recently become CLASS partners.
– New CLASS partners that will be launching new brands or lines at “Selection by CLASS” include Così nero quasi blue, desMode, Reggiani, G.O.D.D, CeeBee and GAIAPACE.
– CLASS is proud to announce its ad-honorem partner Cangiari whom CLASS supports both for the beautiful collections and the strong social, ethical and sustainable actions it stands for.
Windows on the World
“Selection by CLASS” will also feature two “sideshows” to engage visitors in reflecting on what sustainable style means and can achieve through innovation and smarter materials and ways of doing business.
–Green2greener, a new ‘Information & Education’ CLASS partner, will be showing a selection of pieces previously presented in Green2greener’s touring ‘EcoChic’ fashion shows. Many of the dresses exhibited where designed for ‘EcoChic Geneva’, an event that Green2greener developed with the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) to highlight biodiversity conservation in the luxury and fashion industries. Designers displayed: Adamah Stein, Bora Aksu, Disaya, Fin, Lie Sang Bong, Manish Arora and Zambesi
– CLASS will showcase an evocative interpretation of its three material categories through the works of three jewellery artists. Agostina Zwilling (Natural & Organics), an artist committed to spreading the ancient art of felt-making to create striking and emotional jewels and accessories that are both exclusive and surprising interpretations of the raw material (carded wool). Raffaella Colombo (Repurposed & Recycled), creates stunning jewellery by recycling plastic bottles for an end-effect which challenges conventional wisdom on what materials are appropriate for creating accessories. Margot (Innovative Renewables) creates timeless and eternal costume jewellery by “freezing” real flowers with an atoxic resin-coat.
CLASS Launches Showroom Collections
A number of brands at “Selection by CLASS” are also part of CLASS‘ newly launched showroom collection, CLASS‘ first since its July entry in the commercialization of ready-to-wear and finished collection. CLASS‘ new showroom collection will feature the following brands: 959®, Caira Design, Cangiari, Così nero quasi blue, G.O.D.D, Juste un Sac, Little Wings, Mori-Mondo, Reggiani and Rianne de Witte. The Collection will be available from September 14, 2010 to October 27, 2010 and is presented in collaboration with Rosita Cigliola, *sei milano showroom.
This announcement follows CLASS recent success at Berlin’s GREENshowroom, Next on CLASS’ calendar will be two events in London: Decorex (September 26-29) where CLASS will feature a keynote speaker, and RITE as a special event partner presenting 9 exclusive “style meets sustainability” creations proving how successful the sustainable collections can be commercially.