This September, ROICA™ experts showcase the world-first ROICA Eco-Smart™ Family in 2 important events: Première Vision Paris (19-21 Sept) and FILO Milano (26-27 Sept).
ROICA Eco-Smart™ Family is a range of the world’s first responsibly made premium stretch fibers, which create ROICA™ smart yarns that offer sustainable solutions with impressive certifications:
– Global Recycled Standard (GRS) certified by Textile Exchange – ROICA™ constructed with more than 50% pre-consumer recycled content.
– Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Gold Level for Material Health product and ingredients. For this reason, ROICA™ yarn evaluated throughout the supply chain for lower impacts on human and environmental health. Striving toward eliminating all toxic and unidentified chemicals for a safe continuous cycle. Hohenstein Environment Compatibility Certificate ROICA™ proudly breaks down without releasing harmful substances.
ROICA™: The Smart-Stretch Secret Ingredient in C&A Cradle-to-Cradle Stretch Denim Program
C&A has launched its most responsibly made Cradle-to-Cradle Certified stretch jeans now using ROICA™ V550. It is part of the ROICA Eco-Smart™ Family, of premium stretch yarns dedicated to sustainable stretch end-uses. Asahi Kasei is proud to be a partner with C&A in the launch of this world-first program for responsible denim. The project’s strategy perfectly echoes and matches the Asahi Kasei mission to create products that deliver better value with values.
This unique ROICA™ V550 stretch yarn is a perfect match for the C&A ♯WeAreTheChange global, multi-channel sustainability campaign because it already holds Cradle-to-Cradle Certification since 2016.
This, to demonstrate an effective synergy where ROICA™ again proves its commitment to contemporary consumer’s needs through smart solutions for everyday living
Premium brand adoptions
ROICA Eco-Smart™ family is one of the most active and successful Asahi Kasei families of premium, advanced fit yarns, where key brand adoptions to date include Wolford (ROICA™ V550), Safetti (fabric innovations from PENN Textile Solutions with ROICA™ V550), DAQUÏNI (Sofileta fabrics with ROICA™ V550), Maloja (fabrics from M.I.T.I. with ROICA™ EF), Marie Jo (lace designs from Tessitura Colombo with ROICA™ EF), AAsaTRIUMPH LINGERIE & Hanro (the new stretch lace from ILUNA Group with ROICA™ EF ).
Asahi Kasei launch the deep research that produced the ROICA™ families in 2016. At this point, innovative smart functionality became the defining point of competitive difference. The ROICA Eco-Smart™ family was the platform for two special yarns that each delivered an eco-responsible stretch solution in different ways. Both yarns play their special ingredient roles in products that are part of Circular Economy product development accordingly. Indeed they help to create modern wardrobe solutions that are smart, responsibly made and designed affordably for everyday life.
- The first yarn, ROICA™ V550, used in this C&A project, has the C2C (Cradle-to-Cradle) Gold Level material health certificate. It is also a Hohenstein Environment Certificated yarn, where at its end-of-life, it smartly breaks down without releasing any harmful materials.
- The second yarn style is ROICA™ EF, which is GRS certified. For its production through the recycled technology, they use more than 50% pre-consumer waste in manufacture. GRS, (Global Recycled Standard), is the accepted Textile Exchange certification. Furthermore is a good fit for contemporary denim products wanting to develop a new angle on sustainable futures
More ROICA™ families:
Other families of ROICA™ smart stretch include:
- ROICA™ Contour, a family of precision, high performance yarns for dynamic power shaping or calibrated control. It is specific to application needs in shapewear and lingerie
- ROICA™ Colour Perfect delivers a choice of unique, dyeable stretch. It sets a new standard in colour technology with the potential to deliver a flawless, colour match-dyed finish. Moreover it gives an undetectable finish for all stretch fabrics.
- ROICA™ Feel Good promises a new level of performance. It presents a ‘feel-good comfort’ and freshness such as the ROICA™ CF yarn with an odor-neutralizing function that does not wash. It presents the active ingredient locked in and only needs a modest % to work in any fabric matrix.
Stay tuned for news of more smart, advanced fit innovations with ROICA™ in the seasons ahead!