Diana, Giusy, Simona and Marina.
The call to action of the fashion world was born from four women engaged in the field of sustainability.
A task force of Italian textile companies active in our area supported the first call to action launched at the fashion world by four women who have always been involved in the field of sustainability.
Indeed, the call launched on March 19th by the green journalist Diana de Marsanich, Giusy Bettoni, founder and CEO of C.L.A.S.S. , Simona Roveda, Editorial Director and Director of Institutional Communication of LifeGate and Marina Spadafora, Italian Country Coordinator of Fashion Revolution has brought together textile companies to manufacture PPE garments for the medical staff working in San Gerardo Hospital in Monza.
The companies that answered the call-to-action are: Filo d’Oro, Mantero, ROICA™ by Asahi Kasei, C.L.A.S.S. (Creativity Lifestyle and Sustainable Synergy) e Zerobarracento, Iluna Group, Lg Electronics, Jimmy Lion, Personal Genomics, Isamar Holyday Village, Marcolin Eyewear, Maglificio Ripa.
During the last weeks the 4 women collected:
- 1,800 non-drip cotton and non-woven TNT gowns for sanitary use.
- 400 protective masks for multipurpose washable, bacteriostatic, breathable and water-repellent prevention.
- 1,000 washable cotton surgical caps.
- 150 complete protective googles eye masks, two microwave ovens for hospital departments to offer support to medical and healthcare personnel by helping them in the few breaks during the grueling shifts of this period.
- 1 supply of samples of cotton socks.
- 300 cotton masks + polyester outer layer, water-repellent and antibacterial.
- free weekly stays made available to doctors, nurses, civil protection personnel and families with related children involved in the Covid-19 pandemic.